Putting a new roof on a property can take anywhere from a day to a week, depending on the size of the roof, the complexity of the job, and how well the weather cooperates.
As a guide, our experienced team of roofing installers will go through these seven steps:
1. Safety first. Set up safety edge protection/scaffolding. Before commencing any work – we install edge protection/scaffolding around the perimeter of the roof to ensure we can work safely at heights. This can be installed up to a week prior to roofing works commencing.
2. Materials delivered. All roofing materials are delivered a day or so before work begins. These are placed in a safe, yet convenient location to allow our team to work efficiently on roofing day.
3. Remove the old roof and inspect the roof structure for defects. Our team will begin stripping your existing roofing away; assessing the underlying structure as they go. Should any rotten or damaged timbers be uncovered, these will be replaced as required.
4. Prepare roof surface (underlay, insulation when required). We install a self-supporting synthetic roofing underlay to minimise condensation and improve the acoustic and thermal performance of the roof. New ceiling insulation is also installed at this time (if requested). This is easy to install when the roof is being replaced! We install roof insulation and underlay according to specifications and our quotation.
5. Install your new Colorsteel® roof (including ridging, associated flashings etc.) The Custom Roof team will now begin installing your new roof. This part of the process is usually completed quickly and efficiently. Your roof will be left clean and tidy, with any excess materials carefully removed.
6. Finish, site clean-up and final inspection. A magnetic sweeper is used to pick up stray roofing nails and smaller metal debris around the house. We organise the removal of all old roofing materials and product packaging. removed and taken away from the site.
7. Dismantle safety edge protection/scaffolding.